whipped mascarpone custard and almond
christmas pudding trifle
- 400g store-bought Christmas fruitcake, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons Pedro Ximénez sherry+
- 1 cup (240g) mascarpone
- 1 cup (250g) good-quality store-bought custard
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind, plus extra to serve
- ⅓ cup (25g) flaked almonds, toasted
- Place the cake in a medium bowl, drizzle over the sherry and allow to stand for 5 minutes. While the sherry is being absorbed, place the mascarpone, custard and orange rind in a large bowl and, using electric beaters, beat for 5–6 minutes or until soft peaks form.
- Divide the cake and mascarpone mixture between glasses and top with the almonds and extra orange rind to serve. Serves 4.
+ Pedro Ximénez is an intensely sweet, dark sherry from liquor stores – you can substitute it with any sweet sherry.
There are no comments for this entry yet.