cheat's ravioli carbonara
with prosciutto and parmesan
- ¾ cup (180g) fresh ricotta
- ⅓ cup (25g) finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 30 round gow gee wrappers
- 1 cup (250g) mascarpone
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 8 slices prosciutto
- extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- micro (baby) lemon balm leaves, to serve
- Place the ricotta, parmesan, egg, lemon rind, half the garlic cloves, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and mix well to combine.
- Place a heaped teaspoonful of the mixture onto the centre of each gow gee wrapper. Brush the edges with water, place another wrapper on top and press the edges to seal and enclose the filling. Repeat with the remaining filling and wrappers.
- Place the mascarpone, water and remaining garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 6 minutes. Cook the ravioli in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 3–4 minutes or until tender.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and add to the mascarpone mixture. Gently toss to coat. Divide the pasta between bowls. Serve with prosciutto, oil, lemon balm and extra parmesan. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.