sweet potato hasselbacks
with basil salsa verde
- 8 small (1.4kg) sweet potatoes (kumara)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
basil salsa verde
- 1 cup basil leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped chives
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ⅓ cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Using a small sharp knife, cut the sweet potato three-quarters of the way through at 3mm intervals. Place on a lightly greased large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Drizzle the sweet potato with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 40–45 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with parmesan and cook for a further 5–10 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make the basil salsa verde, place the basil, parsley, chives, garlic, oil, lemon juice and salt in a small food processor and process until finely chopped. Top the sweet potato with the salsa verde and extra basil leaves to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.