spinach and feta flatbread
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 3 cups (360g) chopped cauliflower florets
- 3 cups (150g) chopped silver beet (Swiss chard)
- 3 cups (170g) chopped kale
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup dill sprigs, chopped
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 150g feta, crumbled
- 150g ricotta
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 large wholemeal flatbreads
- 2 lemons, halved
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- plain (natural) yoghurt and mint leaves, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the cauliflower, silver beet and kale, and cook, stirring, for 3–4 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool completely. Add the lemon rind and juice, dill, parsley, feta, ricotta, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue over high heat. Divide the cauliflower mixture between the flatbreads and fold the edges over to enclose. Brush each flatbread lightly with the oil and cook for 1–2 minutes each side or until golden and crisp.
- Place the lemons, cut-side down, on the char-grill pan and cook for 1 minute or until caramelised. Place the garlic and yoghurt in a bowl, mix to combine and scatter with the mint. Serve the spinach and feta flatbreads with the garlic and mint yoghurt and the char-grilled lemon. Makes 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.