ricotta and parmesan fritters with pesto
- 2 cups (480g) firm fresh ricotta+
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup (130g) store-bought basil pesto
- Place the ricotta, eggs, lemon rind, parmesan, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and mix to combine.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook tablespoons of the mixture, in 3 batches, for 2–3 minutes each side or until golden.
- Gently toss with the pesto and sprinkle with extra parmesan to serve. Serves 4.
+ Firm fresh ricotta is available from the deli section of supermarkets.
Try this: add extra herby flavour with fresh basil leaves.
TIP: You can keep the fritters warm in the oven while the other batches are cooking.
There are no comments for this entry yet.