cauliflower, sage and cheddar gratin
- 800g cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets and blanched
- 2 cups (240g) grated cheddar
- 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ½ cup sage leaves
- Preheat oven to 250°C (485°F). Place the cauliflower, half the cheddar, cream, salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Divide the cauliflower mixture between 4 x 1½-cup-capacity (375ml) ovenproof ramekins and sprinkle over the remaining cheddar. Cover each with non-stick baking paper and aluminium foil, place on a large oven tray and cook for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove baking paper and foil and cook for a further 8 minutes. Top with sage and cook for a further 2 minutes or until golden and bubbling, then serve. Serves 4 as a side.
donna hay team
Hi Anthea, yes of course you can - make sure to cut all the vegetables similar in size to make sure they cook evenly. The DH team
Hi, this sounds delicious! I need to incorporate some green vegies into my meal plan though and I’‘m wondering if I could add brussell sprouts or brocolli in with the cauliflower. What do you think?