caramelised banana split
- 4 medium bananas, peeled and halved lengthways
- ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- vanilla ice-cream and store-bought caramel sauce, to serve
- 1 cup (80g) flaked almonds
- ½ cup (80g) icing (confectioner’s) sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). To make the candied almonds, place the almonds, sugar and water in a bowl and toss to coat. Transfer to a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 12–14 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool, break into pieces and set aside.
- Place the bananas on a metal tray and sprinkle with the caster sugar. Using a small kitchen blowtorch, or a hot grill (broiler), caramelise the tops of the bananas until golden.
- Divide the bananas between plates and top with scoops of vanilla ice-cream. Drizzle with the caramel sauce and sprinkle with the candied almonds to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.