ginger oat cookies
- 3 cups (270g) rolled oats
- 1½ cups (225g) plain flour
- ⅔ cup (150g) caster sugar
- ⅔ cup (125g) finely chopped crystallised ginger
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ cup (90g) honey
- 125g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Place the oats, flour, sugar, ginger and allspice in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the honey and butter in a small saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, for 3–4 minutes until melted. Add the bicarbonate of soda and water to the honey mixture and mix to combine. Pour into the oat mixture and mix well to combine.
- Roll 2 tablespoons of mixture into balls and place onto baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Flatten to 7cm rounds, allowing room to spread. Bake for 8–10 minutes or until deep golden. Allow to cool slightly on trays before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Makes 16.
There are no comments for this entry yet.