- 3 cups (750ml) single (pouring) cream
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1 cup (160g) icing (confectioner’s) sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- waffle cones, to serve (optional)
- Place the cream, milk, icing sugar and vanilla in a large jug and whisk to dissolve the sugar.
- Divide the mixture between 2 large zip-lock bags, pressing out as much air as possible, and seal. Lay each bag flat on a baking tray and freeze for 2½ hours or until firm and just frozen.
- Remove from the freezer and, using your hands, bend each bag to break up the mixture into small pieces. Place the mixture in a food processor and process for 2–3 minutes or until just smooth, breaking up any large pieces with a spoon.
- Spoon the ice-cream into a 2-litre-capacity loaf tin and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Scoop into cones or bowls to serve. Makes 1.6 litres.
There are no comments for this entry yet.