char-grilled steak with green olive, caper and basil salsa
- 2 tablespoons salted capers, rinsed
- 2 cups basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup (120g) pitted green olives, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup (60ml) white balsamic vinegar
- 4 x 200g sirloin steaks, trimmed
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 baby cos (romaine) lettuces, leaves separated
- 2 x 110g buffalo mozzarellas, torn
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra, for brushing
- Place the capers, basil, olive, garlic and vinegar in a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue over high heat. Brush the steaks with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Gently toss the lettuce, mozzarella and oil in a bowl to combine and divide between plates with the steaks. Spoon the salsa over the steak to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.