charred miso beef skewers
with pickled cabbage slaw
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 500g beef eye fillet, sliced 4mm-thick
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups (240g) shredded white cabbage
- 3 green onions (scallions), cut into 8cm lengths
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- black sesame seeds, shichimi togarashi and micro (baby) purple shiso leaves, to serve
- Place the miso, tamari, sesame oil and 2 tablespoons of the rice wine vinegar in a large bowl and mix to combine. Place half the miso mixture in a small bowl, add the honey and set aside. Add the beef and garlic to the large bowl, toss to coat and set aside for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Thread the beef onto 8 metal skewers. Place the cabbage and remaining rice wine vinegar in a large bowl, toss to combine and set aside.
- Heat a chargrill pan over high heat. Cook the skewers and the onion for 2–3 minutes each side or until lightly charred.
- Divide the cabbage between the lettuce cups. Top with the beef and onion and drizzle with the honey miso dressing. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, togarashi and shiso to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.