beef and caramelised onion sausage rolls
- 600g beef sausages, skins removed
- ½ cup (140g) store-bought caramelised onion relish
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- poppy seeds, for sprinkling
- tomato relish, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the sausage meat, caramelised onion, tomato paste, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Divide the sausage mixture into 4 even portions and roll into sausage shapes. Place down the centre of each pastry half and brush the edges with egg.
- Roll to enclose, ensuring the seam is underneath, and place on lightly greased oven trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Brush with egg and sprinkle with the poppy seeds.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve with the relish. Serves 4.
donna hay team
Hi Prue, you should freeze them after you have cooked the pastry in the oven. Wrap individually and store for up to 2 months. Defrost and heat in the oven to 180C for 15 minutes. It is advised that you do no refreeze frozen raw pastry. DH team x
Hi, if you were wanting to make these ahead of time, what stage would you freeze them at? Thanks! Prue