caramelised onion, blue cheese and rosemary garlic breads
- 2 bulbs garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 300g soft blue cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- small dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoons store-bought caramelised onion relish
- 8 x 3cm rosemary sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the garlic on a piece of aluminium foil and drizzle with half the oil. Wrap tightly and cook for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from foil and set aside to cool slightly. Squeeze half the garlic from their skins and place in a bowl with the blue cheese, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Cut each roll almost in half (making sure not to slice all the way through) and spread with the blue cheese mixture. Top with the caramelised onion and rosemary sprigs (if using).
- Place the rolls on 2 large pieces of non-stick baking paper, drizzle with remaining oil, wrap in baking paper and tie with kitchen string to enclose. Cook for 10 minutes. Unwrap and serve with extra roasted garlic. Makes 6.
There are no comments for this entry yet.