ginger-poached tofu with noodles
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons shredded ginger
- 1 stalk lemongrass, halved lengthways
- ¼ cup (60ml) soy sauce
- 1 star anise
- 300g firm silken tofu, thickly sliced
- 400g fresh egg or udon noodles
- 60g sugar snap peas, halved, or bok choy
- Place stock, ginger, lemongrass, soy and star anise in a deep frying pan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the tofu and poach for 3 minutes each side, remove from pan and keep warm. Add the noodles and greens to the pan and cook for 3 minutes or until tender. Place the noodles and greens in bowls and top with the tofu. Spoon over a little of the poaching liquid to serve. Serves 2.
There are no comments for this entry yet.