goat’s cheese, plum and walnut tarts
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 300g round aged goat’s cheese, rind on, cut into 1cm-thick rounds
- ½ cup (160g) plum sauce
- ¼ cup (45g) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup (25g) roasted walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup chervil leaves
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Place the pastry sheets on top of each other and press together. Using an 11cm round cutter, cut out 4 rounds. Using an 8.5cm round cutter, gently score a circle in the centre of each pastry round. Prick the centre with a fork. Top each with a round of cheese. Place the pastry rounds on a large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Cook for 16–18 minutes or until golden brown and puffed.
- While the tarts are cooking, place the plum sauce, sugar and vinegar in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil and cook for 2–3 minutes or until reduced slightly.
- Drizzle the tarts with the plum sauce and sprinkle with the walnut and chervil to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.