fig, honey and almond tart
- 130g unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup (165g) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups (180g) almond meal
- ½ cup (75g) plain flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon baking powder, sifted
- 1 cup (80g) flaked almonds
- 6 figs, quartered
- ¼ cup (90g) honey
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Lightly grease a 28cm fluted loose-bottomed tart tin. Place the butter, sugar, lemon and orange rind and vanilla seeds in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 6–8 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the almond meal, flour and baking powder and mix to combine. Fold in the flaked almonds. Spoon into the tart tin and spread until smooth.
- Place the figs into the almond filling, pressing down slightly. Place the tart tin on a baking tray and cook for 45 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the oven and, while still hot, brush with the honey. Makes 1 tart.
donna hay team
Hi Leanne, you can try swapping the almond meal for the flour - the texture might be a little different as the natural oils in the almond meal will change the recipe slightly. Good luck! The dh team
This tart is so easy to make and absolutes delicious. To make gluten free can you leave out the 1/2 cup of flour and increase the almond meal? Thank you.
donna hay team
Hi Bec, yes absolutely - enjoy! The DH team
Can this Tart be served cooled after it’s been honey glazed?