chicken and sage sausage rolls
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped sage leaves+
- 1½ cups (100g) fresh breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup (60ml) milk
- 500g chicken mince
- ⅓ cup (45g) pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1 cup (110g) grated provolone
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 eggs
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 8 slices prosciutto
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and sage and cook for 4–5 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a large bowl, add the breadcrumbs and milk and stir to combine. Add the mince, pistachio, cheese, mustard, 1 egg, salt and pepper and stir until combined. Line each pastry sheet with 4 slices of prosciutto and cut in half.
- Divide the mince mixture between the pastry sheets, placing it along one edge, and roll to enclose. Cut in half and place, seam-side down, on large baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Lightly whisk the remaining egg and brush the rolls. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Makes 8.
There are no comments for this entry yet.