- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1kg beef mince
- ⅓ cup (90g) tomato paste
- 2 x 400 g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups (500ml) beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 400g spaghetti
- flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- shaved parmesan, to serve
- Heat a large deep frying pan over high heat. Add the oil, onion and garlic and cook for 1 minute or until the onion is soft. Add the mince and cook for 5 minutes, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring to combine. Add the tomatoes, stock, bay leaf, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1 hour or until thickened.
- Place the pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water and cook for 10-12 minutes or until al dente. Drain and keep warm. Divide between bowls and top with the Bolognese, parsley and parmesan. Serves 4.
I will be using this recipe from now on… It was absolutely delicious…..a winner with everyone!
Yummy yummy yummy! I misread and added 700g jar of passta instead of 2 tins of tomato (thought it was tomato puree not chopped tomatoes) but everything else as per recipe. Everyone loved it and it is now our go to for the kids.