chocolate mousse slice
- 1½ cups (135g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (80g) desiccated coconut
- 1 cup (120g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- 15 fresh dates (225g), pitted
- 80g unsalted butter, chopped and melted
- ½ cup (50g) raw cacao powder
chocolate mousse topping
- 2 x 400ml cans coconut cream, refrigerated overnight+
- ⅓ cup (35g) raw cacao powder, sifted
- ¼ cup (40g) icing (confectioner’s) sugar, sifted
- dutch cocoa, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the oats, coconut, almond meal, dates, butter and cacao powder in a food processor and process for 3–4 minutes or until the mixture comes together.
- Press into a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm slice tin lined with non-stick baking paper, smoothing the top with a spoon. Cook for 20 minutes or until firm. Set aside in the tin to cool completely.
- To make the chocolate mousse topping, scoop the firm coconut cream from the top of the cans and place in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add the cacao powder and icing sugar and whisk for 1 minute or until the mixture comes together and is firm.
- Using a palette knife, spread on top of the cooled base. Dust with Dutch cocoa. Refrigerate for 1 hour to set. Slice and serve. Makes 20.
+ Refrigerate the coconut cream for at least 6 hours or overnight to allow the cream to separate. Do not shake before opening.
Note: You can refrigerate this slice in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
There are no comments for this entry yet.