chocolate mousse slice
- 1½ cups (135g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (80g) desiccated coconut
- 1 cup (120g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- 15 fresh dates (225g), pitted
- 80g unsalted butter, chopped and melted
- ½ cup (50g) raw cacao powder
chocolate mousse topping
- 2 x 400ml cans coconut cream, refrigerated overnight+
- ⅓ cup (35g) raw cacao powder, sifted
- ¼ cup (40g) icing (confectioner’s) sugar, sifted
- dutch cocoa, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Place the oats, coconut, almond meal, dates, butter and cacao powder in a food processor and process for 3–4 minutes or until the mixture comes together.
- Press into a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm slice tin lined with non-stick baking paper, smoothing the top with a spoon. Cook for 20 minutes or until firm. Set aside in the tin to cool completely.
- To make the chocolate mousse topping, scoop the firm coconut cream from the top of the cans and place in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Add the cacao powder and icing sugar and whisk for 1 minute or until the mixture comes together and is firm.
- Using a palette knife, spread on top of the cooled base. Dust with Dutch cocoa. Refrigerate for 1 hour to set. Slice and serve. Makes 20.
+ Refrigerate the coconut cream for at least 6 hours or overnight to allow the cream to separate. Do not shake before opening.
Note: You can refrigerate this slice in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
There are no comments for this entry yet.