salmon green curry
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 2 cups (500ml) coconut water
- 2 stalks lemongrass, bruised and halved
- 8 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 long green chilli, halved
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 x 150g fillets skinless salmon
- 1 bunch (300g) bok choy, trimmed and halved
- 2 cups (160g) bean sprouts, trimmed
- shiso leaves and lime wedges, to serve
- ginger brown rice or coconut quinoa, to serve (see recipes, p102)
- 2 eschalots (French shallots), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 cups (100g) baby spinach leaves, blanched
- 6 stalks (stems and roots included) coriander (cilantro), chopped
- To make the curry paste, place the eschalots, garlic, spinach and coriander in a small food processor and process until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add
the curry paste and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3–4 minutes
or until aromatic.
- Add the coconut milk, coconut water, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, chilli and fish sauce. Cover
with a lid and cook for 5–6 minutes or until the mixture comes
to the boil.
- Add the salmon and cook for a further 5–6 minutes
or until cooked to your liking.
- Add the bok choy and cook for 1 minute or until just cooked through. Divide between bowls, top with the bean sprouts, shiso
and lime wedges, and serve with the ginger brown rice or
coconut quinoa. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.