portuguese-style chicken skewers
with coriander yoghurt sauce
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 800g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 12 oregano sprigs, halved
- 1 lemon, halved
- micro (baby) coriander (cilantro) leaves, to serve
coriander yoghurt sauce
- 1 cup (280g) natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- 1 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves, chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue to high heat. Place the paprika, cayenne, oregano, garlic, salt and oil in a large bowl and mix to combine. Add the chicken and toss well to coat.
- Thread the chicken onto 8 metal skewers and tuck 3 oregano sprigs onto each skewer. Cook the skewers for 3–4 minutes each side or until charred and cooked through.
- Cook the lemon, cut-side down, for 3–4 minutes or until charred. Set aside and keep warm. To make the coriander yoghurt sauce, place the yoghurt, coriander, salt and pepper in a small food processor and process for 30 seconds to combine.
- Serve the skewers with the yoghurt sauce, lemon and micro coriander. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.