sesame prawn toasts with chilli oil
- 250g green (raw) tiger prawns (shrimp), peeled and deveined
- 2 eggwhites
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 green onion (scallion), thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon white (granulated) sugar
- 16 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- chilli oil, to serve
- Place the prawn, 1 of the eggwhites, sesame oil, garlic, onion, oyster sauce and sugar in a small food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Place half the bread on a clean surface and place heaped tablespoons of the prawn mixture in the middle of each.
- Sandwich with the remaining bread, pressing the edges to seal. Cut the crusts and discard. Press well again to seal the edges by pinching with your fingers.
- Place the remaining eggwhite in a small bowl and lightly whisk. Brush each sandwich with eggwhite and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Half-fill a large saucepan with oil and place over medium heat until the temperature reaches 180°C (350°F) on a deep-frying thermometer. Cook the prawn toasts, in batches, for 3 minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel. Slice the prawn toasts and serve with chilli oil. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.