spicy shredded chicken salad
- 1 x quantity chicken master stock
- 1 cup mint leaves
- ½ cup Vietnamese mint leaves
- 2 cups coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 2 green tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed, blanched and sliced
- 2 tablespoons chilli jam
- ⅓ cup (80ml) rice wine vinegar
- ¾ cup (105g) salted peanuts, chopped
- Make the chicken master stock by following the recipe here.
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Remove the cooked chicken from the broth and carefully remove the skin.
- Place the skin on a lightly greased baking tray and cook for 8–10 minutes or until golden and crisp. Place on a wire rack to cool.
- Shred the chicken meat, discarding the bones.
- Place the shredded chicken, mint, Vietnamese mint, coriander, Thai basil, cucumber,
tomato and sugar snap peas in a bowl.
- Place the chilli jam and vinegar in a separate bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Pour over the salad and toss to combine.
- Top with the peanuts and the crispy chicken skin. Serves 4–6.
There are no comments for this entry yet.