spicy sweet potato, quinoa and speck soup
- 1 cup (200g) quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200g speck or flat pancetta, thickly sliced
- 1 brown onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 800g sweet potato (kumara), peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1.5 litres (6 cups) chicken stock
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- coriander (cilantro) leaves, to serve
- Soak the quinoa in 1½ cups (375ml) water for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the speck and cook for 4 minutes or until golden. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 4 minutes or until softened. Add the sweet potato, chilli and stock, increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Add the quinoa and cook for 15 minutes or until sweet potato is tender and quinoa is cooked. Add the spinach leaves and stir to combine.
- Top with coriander leaves to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.