sweet potato fritters
with hummus and almonds
- 4 eggs
- 600g sweet potato (kumara), peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup coriander (cilantro) leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ¼ cup (35g) wholemeal spelt flour+
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 1 cup (260g) store-bought hummus, to serve
- ½ cup (80g) toasted almonds, chopped
- sumac and micro (baby) coriander (cilantro) leaves, to serve
- Place the eggs, sweet potato, cumin, coriander, garlic, salt and flour in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a 20cm non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add ¾ cup of the mixture and spread evenly. Cook for 3–4 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and cover to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining oil and mixture.
- Top with hummus, extra oil, almond, sumac and coriander to serve. Makes 4.
+ Find wholemeal spelt flour in health food stores.
There are no comments for this entry yet.