onion, anchovy and olive tart
- 5 brown onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 375g ready prepared puff pastry
- ¼ cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- 9 anchovy fillets, drained
- ¼ cup black olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the onion and oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until the onion is soft and golden. Add the balsamic and sugar and cook for 2 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface until 4mm thick. Trim to a rectangle and place on a tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Top the pastry with the parmesan, leaving a 2cm border. Top with the onion, anchovy, olives and oregano. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until the tart is golden and puffed. Serve warm with a simple green salad. Serves 4–6.
There are no comments for this entry yet.