parsnip, sweet potato and thyme yorkshire puddings
- 1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⅓ cups (330ml) milk
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- ½ cup (60g) shaved parsnip+
- 1 cup (120g) shaved sweet potato (kumara)+
- ⅓ cup (80ml) ghee (clarified butter) melted
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Place the flour, eggs, salt, pepper, milk and thyme in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Place the shaved parsnip and sweet potato in a small bowl and toss to combine.
- Divide the ghee between the holes of a 12 x ½-cup-capacity (125ml) muffin tin. Place the tin in the oven for 12–15 minutes or until the ghee is just smoking.
- Remove from the oven and, working quickly, pour ¼ cup of the batter into each hole and top with the parsnip and sweet potato. Cook for 20–25 minutes or until puffed and golden. Makes 12.
+ You will need to buy one parsnip and one sweet potato for this recipe. Use a vegetable peeler or a mandolin to shave off the required amount.
There are no comments for this entry yet.