zucchini and feta fritters
- 5 small (810g) zucchinis (courgettes), grated
cup (120g) plain (all-purpose) flour
teaspoons baking powder
cup chopped mint leaves
cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
salt and cracked black pepper
virgin olive oil, for frying
mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
cup small basil leaves
tablespoons small mint leaves
- Place the zucchini in a flat layer on sheets of paper towel. Cover with another layer of paper towel and press to remove the excess water.
- Place the zucchini, eggs, feta, flour, baking powder, mint, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Heat a little of the oil in a large non-stick
frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of mixture to the pan and flatten with a spatula. Repeat and cook, in batches, for 2–3 minutes each side or until golden.
- Keep the fritters warm and set aside. To make the tomato salad, place
the tomato, basil and mint in a bowl and toss to combine. Divide the fritters between plates and top with the tomato salad to serve. Serves 4
I made this for dinner tonight. It was delicious.