zucchini, bean and green chilli slaw
- 400g green beans, trimmed and shredded
- 3 small (450g) zucchini, shredded+
- 5 zucchini flowers (optional), halved
- 2 long green chillies, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon zest
honey and lemon dressing
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ½ tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- To make the honey and lemon dressing, place the lemon juice, salt, pepper and honey in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the oil and whisk until well combined. Set aside. Blanch the beans in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 1–2 minutes or until just cooked. Refresh under cold running water and drain well.
- Place the beans, zucchini, zucchini flowers and chilli in a serving dish and drizzle over the dressing. Top with the mint, basil and lemon zest to serve. Serves 4.
+ To shred zucchini use a julienne peeler. This looks like a conventional vegetable peeler, but has little ‘teeth’ that help create strips of vegetables.
There are no comments for this entry yet.