sweet potato chips with mustard salt
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- 1 tablespoon English mustard powder
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1kg white sweet potato (kumara), cut into chips
- whole-egg mayonnaise and gherkins, to serve
- Place the sea salt and mustard powder in a mortar and pestle and grind to combine.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over high heat until temperature reaches 180ºC (350ºF) on a kitchen thermometer.
- Cook the sweet potato chips, in batches, for 2–3 minutes until golden and drain on absorbent paper.
- Sprinkle with the mustard salt and serve with the mayonnaise and gherkins. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.