lavender-spiced honey madeleines
- ½ cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon baking powder, sifted
- ⅓ cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender+
- 2 eggs
80g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- ½ cup (110g) white sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender+
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). To make the lavender sugar, place the sugar and lavender in a bowl and rub with your fingertips to combine. Set aside.
- Place the flour, baking powder, sugar, lavender, eggs, butter, honey and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased 12-hole madeleine tin++. Cook for 8–10 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Remove from the tin, coat in the lavender sugar and set aside to cool before serving. Makes 12.
+ Dried lavender is available from health food stores and tea stores.
++ You can find madeleine tins at kitchen supply stores and online.
There are no comments for this entry yet.