easy passionfruit tart
- 1½ cups (225g) plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 125g cold unsalted butter, chopped
- ½ cup (80g) icing sugar, sifted
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon iced water
- 1 cup (250ml) single cream
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg yolks, extra
- ½ cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup (125ml) passionfruit pulp
(around 5 passionfruit)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the flour, butter and sugar in the bowl of a food processor and process until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. With the motor running, add the egg yolk and water. Process until the dough just comes together. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently bring together to form a smooth dough. Shape into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. Roll out between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper to 4mm thick. Line a lightly greased 22cm loose-bottomed tart tin with the pastry. Trim the edges and prick the base with a fork. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Line the pastry with non-stick baking paper and fill with uncooked rice+. Place on a large baking tray and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the paper and weights and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the pastry is light golden. Set aside to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 140°C.
- To make the passionfruit filling, place the cream, eggs, extra yolks, sugar and juice in a bowl and whisk to combine. Strain the mixture into a medium bowl and stir through the pulp. Pour the filling into the tart shell. Bake for
30–35 minutes or until just set.
- Allow to cool at room temperature before refrigerating until completely cold. Serves 8.
+ You can use baking weights or dried beans instead of uncooked rice.
I made this for work and everyone loved it! Got polished off in no time.