baked mushroom, bacon
and spinach risotto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 150g button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 rashers bacon, rind removed, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup (150g) arborio rice
- 2 ¼ cups (560ml) chicken stock
- 30g baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- 20g butter
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C (355°F). Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic, mushrooms and bacon and cook for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Place in a 5 cup-capacity (1.25L) ovenproof dish with the rice and stock and stir to combine. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes or until most of the stock is absorbed and rice is al dente.
- Stir through the spinach, parmesan, butter, salt and pepper. Serves 2.
Nice and easy recipe that even my husband can cook mid week.
This was quite good enjoyed it.
This was delicious! Although I had a moment of panic after 40 minutes as it didn’t look even close. I doubled the recipe so took about 50 minutes but it was definitely worth the wait.
I have tried many risottos and this is the best so easy & tasty love it!!!
Love this recipe. It’s a super easy never-fail recipe that always turns out fantastically. It’s one of those ones you can almost always throw together based on what you have in the pantry and freezer. We substitute the spinach with frozen peas and it’s delish!
Great easy dish and tastes excellent.