almond milk-poached chicken salad
- 1 litre almond milk
- 4 bay leaves
- 5 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 4 x 220g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 150g snow peas, thinly sliced
- 150g green beans, halved
- 150g yellow beans, halved
- 1 cup (280g) natural Greek-style yoghurt
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 3 cups snow pea tendrils
- ½ cup (80g) smoked almonds, chopped
- Place the almond milk, bay, onion and salt in a large deep-sided frying pan over high heat and bring to the boil. Add the chicken, reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 12–15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside to cool.
- Strain the poaching liquid, reserving ¼ cup (60ml). Shred chicken and place in a large bowl with reserved liquid. Cook the snow pea and beans in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 1–2 minutes or until tender. Drain and refresh.
- Place the yoghurt, oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix to combine. Add the snow pea tendrils, snow pea and beans to the chicken and toss to combine. Divide among plates, drizzle with the yoghurt dressing and top with almond. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.