chicken wrapped in cavolo nero
with preserved lemon
- 4 x 200g chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally
- ⅓ cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 8 sprigs oregano, plus extra to serve
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced preserved lemon rind
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 8 large stems of cavolo nero+ (Tuscan kale), trimmed
- 500g mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 180g goat’s curd
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue over high heat. Place the chicken, 2 tablespoons of the oil, oregano and preserved lemon in a bowl with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Wrap each piece of chicken with a cavolo nero leaf and secure with a toothpick.
- Cook the chicken for 1–2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a small non-stick frying pan, add the extra oregano and cook for 1–2 minutes or until crisp. Drain on paper towel. Place the tomatoes, balsamic and remaining oil in a medium bowl with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Top with the goat’s curd and fried oregano and serve wth the chicken. Serves 4.
+ Cavolo nero, or black cabbage, is named for its dark leaves. You can find it in most supermarkets and greengrocers.
There are no comments for this entry yet.