fig and ricotta almond muffins
- 300g dried figs, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (90g) honey, plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 3 cups (360g) almond meal
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups (480g) fresh ricotta
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- ½ cup (125ml) light olive oil
- 3 fresh figs, quartered
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the dried fig, honey and boiling water in a bowl and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Place the almond meal, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add the fig mixture, ricotta, eggs, milk and oil and mix until just combined.
- Divide the mixture between a 12 x ½-cup-capacity (125ml) muffin tin lined with paper cases. Press the fresh fig into the top of each muffin and cook for 25–30 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Drizzle with extra honey to serve. Makes 12.
There are no comments for this entry yet.