charred corn and capsicum salad
with creamy jalapeño dressing
- 2 red capsicums (bell peppers), quartered and deseeded
- 2 corncobs, husks removed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 200g haloumi
- 3 cups upland cress+
- 1 avocado, quartered
creamy jalapeño dressing
- ½ cup (125ml) buttermilk
- 1 jalapeño chilli chopped, plus extra sliced to serve
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 green onion (scallion)
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- To make the creamy jalapeño dressing, place the buttermilk, jalapeño, lime juice, onion, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Using a hand-held blender, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue to high heat. Place the capsicum and corn in a large bowl, add salt, pepper and half the oil and toss to combine. Cook the corn and capsicum, turning occasionally, for 10–12 minutes or until charred. Set aside.
- Brush the haloumi with the remaining oil and grill for 1 minute each side or until lightly charred.
- Cut the kernels from the corncobs. Divide the haloumi, corn and capsicum between plates. Top with the cress, avocado and extra chilli. Drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with salt and pepper to serve. Serves 4.
+ Upland cress is similar to watercress, but with a slightly milder flavour. It is available from selected greengrocers and farmers markets. If unavailable, use watercress.
There are no comments for this entry yet.