edamame, trout and dashi risotto
- 2 tablespoons dashi powder
- 1.5 litres water
- 50g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 cup (200g) arborio rice
- 1 cup (140g) frozen podded edamame, thawed and crushed
- 185g hot smoked trout, flaked
- micro (baby) radish leaves, shichimi togarashi and chilli oil (optional), to serve
- Place the dashi and water in a medium saucepan and bring to just below the boil. Keep warm. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute or until well combined. Add the dashi stock to the rice, ½ cup (125ml) at a time, adding more once absorbed, and cook, stirring frequently, for 22–25 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Add the edamame and mix to combine. Divide between bowls and top with the trout, radish, togarashi and chilli oil (if using) to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.