hazelnut hotcakes with warm maple dates
- ¾ cup (110g) self-raising (self-rising) flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda, sifted
- ½ teaspoon baking powder, sifted
- ¼ cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
- ¼ cup (25g) hazelnut meal (ground hazelnuts)
- ¾ cup (180ml) buttermilk
- 2 eggs, separated
- unsalted butter, melted, for brushing
- 1 cup (180g) fresh dates, pitted and halved
- ¼ cup (60ml) maple syrup
- Place the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, sugar, hazelnut meal, buttermilk and egg yolks in a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Place the eggwhites in a clean bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form. Fold the eggwhites into the flour mixture.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Brush with butter and reduce heat to low. Cook 2 tablespoons of the mixture, in batches, for 3 minutes each side or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Place the dates and maple syrup in the pan and cook for 1 minute or until warm. Serve the hotcakes with the warm maple dates. Makes 10.
There are no comments for this entry yet.