- shredded coconut, for sprinkling
- coconut rounds
- 3 cups (240g) desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup (60ml) coconut water
- ½ cup (125g) coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup (125ml) rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- ⅓ cup (80g) coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup (90g) rice malt syrup
- ¼ cup (25g) raw cacao powder, sifted
- To make the coconut rounds, place the coconut, coconut water, oil, rice malt syrup and vanilla in a bowl and mix well to combine. Press into a 20cm x 20cm lightly greased baking tin lined with non-stick baking paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- To make the chocolate coating, place the oil and rice malt syrup in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until melted and combined. Add the cacao and whisk until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Remove the coconut mixture from the fridge and, using a 6cm round cookie cutter, cut into 9 rounds. Using 2 forks, roll each round in the chocolate coating and place on a greased wire rack over a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Sprinkle with the shredded coconut and refrigerate for 10 minutes or until set. Serve chilled. Makes 9.
There are no comments for this entry yet.