- 175g butter, softened and chopped
- ¾ cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons orange-flavoured liqueur
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
white chocolate icing
- 200g white chocolate, chopped
⅔ cups (160ml) single (pouring) cream
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (355°F). Place the butter, sugar, orange rind and liquer in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 8–10 minutes or until light and creamy. Gradually add the eggs, beating well after each addition. Add the flour and baking powder and beat until just combined.
- Spoon into 18 x ½ cup-capacity (125ml) muffin tins lined with cupcake papers. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool on wire racks.
- To make the white chocolate icing, place the chocolate and cream in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth. Spoon over cakes and allow to cool. Makes 18.
There are no comments for this entry yet.