basic chocolate truffles
- ¾ cup (180ml) single (pouring) cream
- 600g dark chocolate
- Dutch cocoa powder, for dusting
- Using a sharp knife, finely chop the chocolate.
- Place the cream in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Place the chocolate in a medium bowl and pour the cream over. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, and using a metal spoon, stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour into a lightly greased 20cmx 20cm metal tin lined with non-stick baking paper and tap the tin to even the mixture (see tips + tricks, below).
- Refrigerate for 2–3 hours or until firm. Remove the truffle from the tin and bring to room temperature. Cut into 36 squares to serve. Dust with cocoa, if desired. Makes 36.
There are no comments for this entry yet.