chorizo and roasted eggplant pasta
- 1 small eggplant, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 fresh chorizo, skins removed
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 1½ cups (375ml) chicken stock
- 400g rigatoni
- 1 cup (240g) ricotta, crumbled
- 2 cups basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Place the eggplant on an oven tray, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 8–10 minutes or until golden. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the garlic and chorizo and cook, breaking any lumps witha wooden spoon, for 8–10 minutes or until golden.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Cook for 3–4 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- While the sauce is cooking, cook the pastain a saucepan of salted boiling water for 8–10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, add to the sauce with the eggplant and toss to combine. Top with the ricotta, basil leaves and pepper to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.