moroccan couscous with spiced chicken
- 1 cup (200g) couscous
- 1½ cups (375ml) hot chicken stock
- 20g butter
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 x 200g chicken breast fillets, trimmed and sliced
- olive oil, for brushing
- 1 tablespoon za’atar
- 120g marinated feta
- Place the couscous in a bowl and pour over the boiling stock. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside until the stock has absorbed. Stir through the butter. Stir through the mint, parsley, pomegranate, orange rind, salt and pepper. To cook the chicken, heat a frying pan over medium heat. Brush the chicken with oil and sprinkle with za’atar. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until chicken is cooked through. Place couscous on serving plates and top with chicken and feta to serve. Serves 2.
There are no comments for this entry yet.